Some ideas for containers:
- 5 gallon buckets (see image below)
- Old paint cans
- Old soup cans
- Tupperware containers
- Your wife's old pots or planting trays
- Cut out holes in a piece of plywood
- Hats upsidedown
How to make Golf Beer Pong Better:
- Use a ping pong ball instead of a golf ball. This will allow you to play the game almost anywhere as it becomes a lot less dangerous. Plus you can go back to using your Red Solo Cups as the pyramid. Other ball options include foam balls or practice wiffle balls.
- Fill the jugs or cups with water instead of beer. Settle down, I didn't say take the beer out of the game! I believe this creates a lot less wastage of beer and is probably more sanitary. You still have your cups of beer that you drink when they sink a shot, but they are kept off to the side.
- Same rules can apply as regular Beer Pong (Eg. 2 balls in one cup and everything touching that cup is eliminated OR One re-rack per game)
- If you miss 3 shots in a row you either lose a jug on your side or have to finish your beer.
- Have a front tee that is half way or a quarter of the way to the other teams jugs, but the stipulation is you have to shoot with the opposite hand or one handed.
- If both players on your team hit it short, then the opponents get to shoot from the closest ball.
- Trick shots (eyes closed, bank shots, through the legs shots) count double.
- You can block shots with your clubs (caution, this can get dangerous), but if you touch the ball and it goes in, it counts as double!
- Put a trampoline in the middle for those bounce shots.